Adventures in the jungle
- 0 Review
Adventures in the jungle
Welcome to Costa Rica. We are pleased to receive you and show you the many places that Costa Rica offers visitors. We are sure you will like it.
Upon leaving the airport, we will be waiting for you outside. We will be holding up a small sign with your name on it. From the airport we will drive for 20 minutes to reach the center of the capital, San Jose. Here we will enter the Sleep Inn Hotel.
It is in the center of the city, surrounded by parks, restaurants, bars, supermarkets, museums, casinos, and more. The hotel is very quiet and relaxing.
If your flight arrived early, we will organize a city tour, so you can get to know the main attractions of this city.
- Pick up at the airport, accommodation and city tour, depending on the arrival time, included.
· After breakfast very early, admire the biodiversity of an astonishing protected area in Costa Rica as we drive through the Braulio Carrillo National Park, a primary forest in 95% of its extension.
- Have a taste of our delicious Costa Rican breakfast en route.
- Board a comfortable boat upon arrival to the port and let this extraordinarily exotic paradise enchant you, as you travel along the Tortuguero Canals.Have a once-in-a-lifetime experience in this unique place surrounded by a great variety of flora and fauna of breathtaking beauty.
- Enjoy a refreshing cocktail and a delicious Lunch as we welcome you to Pachira Lodge.
- After lunch, we will visit the museum and stroll along the beach area of the small and picturesque town of Tortuguero.
- A delightful dinner will be served upon arrival to the lodge.
- Land and water transportation, breakfast, route tours, lunch, dinner and accommodation included.
- Optional morning tour: Enjoy nature its best as you undertake a journey through the canals at dawn, and take your best shot of a real Caribbean sunrise.
- Discover Costa Rican flavors as you enjoy breakfast at Pachira Lodge.
- Walking tour through the private trail of the lodge.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the lodge.
- Take your time to enjoy the ride by boat through the Tortuguero National Park canals.
- Optional night tour: Walk on the beach and admire the green turtles nesting (July through September).
- Breakfast, local visits indicated in the program, lunch, dinner and accommodation included.
After breakfast, return by boat to the dock near Limón, then travel overland to Guapiles where you will stop for lunch. After lunch, we will drive to Sarapiqui where the eco-lodge La Quinta awaits you.
La Quinta is a top notch eco-lodge, nationally certified by the Costa Rican Tourist Board certified for sustainable tourism (CST). The CST is a comprehensive program that categorizes and certifies each tourism company to the degree they comply with the model of sustainable tourism. La Quinta strives to have little, to no negative impact on its immediate environment. Every effort is taken to co-exist harmoniously with its surroundings. Its ten acres are composed of regenerating agriculture, a reforested area with native trees, an old-growth riverine forest and tropical gardens.We will always treat our environment with the utmost care and responsibility, and would greatly appreciate your help in upholding these practices while you are here. Please consider this your home, and your family, during your visit, and help protect what we have held sacred for so many years. We hope you enjoy the natural beauty of this place as so other guests have done before you.
- Transportation, breakfast, lunch, and lodging are included.
After breakfast, it is time to explore with a naturalist guide the rainforest at the Pozo Azul Trails. Hiking is an excellent way to both exercise and be close to the environment. On the 2,000 acres of tropical rain forest of Hacienda Pozo Azul you can use many hiking routes designed to give you exactly what you want or need. Hiking does not require you to have be special physical condition or a particular age. Hacienda Pozo Azul has submitted all its 400 acres of forested areas to the Costa Rican government program for natural resource protection and conservation, therefore great part of our trails are located within this forests. Because of their nature we request that you use a naturalist guide on the trails to help take full advantage of the marvelous and rich neotropical biodiversity during your hike. We know you will be fascinated with your experience.
In the afternoon, we will continue our journey to the Arenal Volcano, impressive, imposing in perfect conical shape. The verdant slopes of the volcano offer many attractions and activities.
A relaxing stay at the hotel awaits you. Arenal Paraiso Hotel is one of the most renowned hotels in the area of La Fortuna. Its great variety of services will guarantee that all guests enjoy their vacation. There are 36 Standard rooms, 74 Superior rooms and 2 Suites waiting for you.
Designed for the enjoyment of its clients, there is a spa which provides you the best quality with a great variety of treatments. The combination of beautiful vegetation and the large number of hot springs offer you total relaxation of body and mind.
By the way, Arenal Paraiso hotel has a restaurant which offers excellent meat and sea food, perfect for lovers of great food! The resort owns a Canopy Tour within their grounds, ideal for all of those who would like a real jungle-adventure.
Once you receive your room, relax enjoying the prevailing nature in the area. No doubt you will be captivated by the impressive Arenal Volcano, whose perfect cone looms over the countryside.
This day and its charm is far from over. Prepare your bathing suit and then we go to Baldi Hot Springs.
25 Thermal Water Pools.
Amidst the tropical rainforest, these 25 thermal water pools are filled by crystalline waterfalls, for the use and enjoyment of al visitors.
The purity of the water will make you feel like you are floating in a oasis of healing, with birds singing all around and the sound of falling water will entice you to relax and recover your wellness and quality of life.
This is an experience for life. You can admire and photograph yourself in the most beautiful gardens, relax in pools at different temperatures, Jacuzzis, saunas and enjoy an exquisite buffet dinner.
- Breakfast, a guided tour through the trails of Pozo Azul, lunch, bathing and dinner at Baldi Hot Springs, andaccommodation are included.
Today holds more adventure.
Longest cable over La Fortuna Waterfall and Pino Blanco Waterfall.
All the Mundo Aventura Ecological Park guides are highly prepared in safety, costumer service, and nature.
They will accompany you at all times ensuring that your so valuable vacation time be filled to your utmost advantage.
This excursion starts in two different ways; whether it be comfortably seated in an tractor cart, that lasts about 20 minutes, or horse back riding approximately 25 minutes. After we arrive at the observation deck we start a 30 to 45 minute natural history tour where you will see and learn about the tropical ecosystems from one of our specialized guides.
Once you are at the first cable, we start the zip line course using high quality equipment which is constantly checked and renewed to ensure its safety and good condition.
At Arenal Mundo Aventura 11 cable sections span lengths from 200 meters up to the longest of 960 meters. Each cable offers a different sensation and experience, crossing canyons, observing waterfalls, and gliding over the treetops before reaching a spectacular observation tower 18 meters high. The Fortuna and Pino Blanco waterfalls, along with the majestic Arenal Volcano make unforgettable this trek.
When you return to the hotel you can enjoy its thermal waters, or if you prefer, go out and tour the town that has a variety of restaurants, bars, gift shops and much more.
- Breakfast, canopy tour, and accommodation are included.
Today we return to your hotel in San Jose. You have the morning free to enjoy the hotel and the area in general. You will be picked up at about 1:30 pm.
- Breakfast, transportation to San Jose, and accommodation in the Sleep Inn Hotel are included.
We will drive you to the international airport at an agreed upon time.
Breakfast and transportation to the airport are included.